Two-day format! Saturday and Sunday: 7:30 am to 5 pm each day. Motorcycle, helmet, course workbook furnished by BRCC.
Participants must arrive promptly for all sessions and stay as directed by the instructor. Course meets rain or shine.
Successful completion of this course waives the Virginia DMV knowledge exam and road test, with the completion certificate serving as a 30-day Virginia motorcycle license, subject to DMV age requirements. You are NOT required to hold a motorcycle endorsement or learner's permit to take this course.
Minimum age is 16. If you are under age 19, you must complete the auto driver education classroom portion before taking the Beginning Rider Course. Written parental permission is required for all students under age 18. Visit www.dmvnow.com
for additional information.
All participants are required to read and sign a Release, Waiver and Indemnification Statement
which is attached to enrollment process.
Any student under the age of 18 years participating in this class which is part of the Virginia Rider Training Program for Motorcycles will be required to have a Release, Waiver and Indemnification Statement
signed by the participant's parent or legal guardian. The student may not be allowed to ride the motorcycle and may possibly forfeit the class registration fee.
Protective clothing required for all course:
- Sturdy pants (denim jeans) that come down over the top of the footwear
- Long sleeved shirt and/or jacket
- Riding gloves - leather (or equally durable) that cover the entire hand
- Sturdy, over-the-ankle leather footwear, with a low heel
- Eye protection (glasses, goggles or face shield)
- Rain gear highly recommended for wet weather classes