If you never ridden a motorcycle or driven a vehicle with manual transmission, the smaller class size and slower pace of a Jump Start class is designed just for you. Or, if you've attempted the Beginning Rider Course, and need a bit more practice to get up to speed, try Jump Start. No tests, no completion cards...and no pressure! Experience the fun!
Maximum number of students in a Jump Start class is six (6) with one Rider Coach. RiderCoaches for the three-hour Jump Start class are experienced in working with novice riders and those with special concerns. Motorcycle, helmet furnished by BRCC.
Protective clothing required for all courses:
- Sturdy pants (denim jeans) that come down over the top of the footwear
- Long sleeved shirt and/or jacket
- Riding gloves - leather (or equally durable) that cover the entire hand
- Sturdy, over-the-ankle leather footwear, with a low heel
- Eye protection (glasses, goggles or face shield)
- Rain gear highly recommended for wet weather classes
Beginning Rider Courses are co-sponsored by BRCC Continuing Education and the Virginia Rider Training Program, Department of Motor Vehicles. Developed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF), this course may qualify successful students for insurance discounts with many companies. All Rider Coaches are certified by the MSF and the Virginia Rider Training Program (VRTP).