Skip to main content

Workforce & Continuing Education Registration Policy

How to Register for Workforce & Continuing Ed Classes

(PDFs require Acrobat Reader)

NOTE: As a condition of enrollment, I agree to adhere to the VCCS Workplace Violence Prevention and Threat Assessment Policy, as stated in the VCCS Policy Manual. (opens new window)


Payment is due at the time of registration. You may use American Express, MasterCard, Visa or debit card to pay online or by phone. You may mail a check; however, your seat in class is not guaranteed until we receive payment. Note: Please check the detail information for your course to determine if a materials fee, textbook, and/or pre-requisites are required.

Parking Permits

Free student parking is available; no permit is required for Continuing Education courses.


You may be required to sign waivers for certain courses, dependent on the nature of the activity.

Refund Procedure

To receive a refund, students must initiate their refund request by a certain deadline.  For one-day classes, students must email 3 business days prior to the start of class. For all other WCE classes, students must email before the published drop date for their class in order to receive a refund or to be withdrawn without financial penalty from a FastForward funded course.  Drop dates for current classes can be found here under "WCE Class Refunds".

Refunds requested after listed drop dates are not automatic and must be requested via the Tuition Refund request form found here and submitted to the Vice President of Finance and Administration who will review the request.

Funds will be returned to the student in the same form used to pay the tuition.  Refunds, regardless of type, may take anywhere from seven to ten business days to complete.

Please contact Admissions and Outreach at (540) 453-0264 with any questions.

Cancelled Courses

Occasionally, we must cancel courses that do not meet enrollment minimums. We typically make that call approximately one week before the class start date, and will notify you by phone or email to see if you are interested in another course or would prefer a refund.

Accessibility Services

Contact the Coordinator of Student Accessibility (opens new window) at or (540-453-2559). You will need to provide relevant documentation of the disability for the College to determine appropriate accommodation.

Inclement Weather

Local radio stations and tv stations carry information on college closings. You may also register for BRCC's text messaging alert system on the Campus Status & Emergency Information webpage (opens new window).